HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Are You Afraid Of?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fushica

PostSubject: What Are You Afraid Of?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Delfina hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and she didn't have a strong enough appetite to get breakfast at the Grand Hall. With nothing to do before class, she had ended up waiting in front of Professor Godfrey's classroom door almost an hour before her Defense Against the Dark Arts class was to begin. She'd gathered enough to know that the DADA instructor was a bit of a recluse and valued his time alone, so Delfina couldn't just enter the room and hang out until others arrived.
This left her sitting along the wall a ways from the door, trying to figure out a plan for dealing with today's lesson: "Confronting a Boggart."
It wasn't going too well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Marching down the hall, swinging her bag and being quite happy over the cancelled lesson, Freya spotted one familiar person up ahead in the otherwise quite empty corridor. Just what was she doing here? Only one way to find out; so with a big grin forming on her face she walked closer

“Hey there, what you up to? No looking for some way to cheat on the next test, are you?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Delfina jumped; she had been too distracted in her thoughts to hear Freya approach until she was talking. "What!? No way! I'm just...really early to class."
The Gryffindor was in her 4th year...maybe she had already dealt with boggarts before and could give some advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:04 am

“Yeah, I can see that. So early you’re all alone. Not hiding from someone, are you?”

By now she quite considered the Hufflepuff to be a friend, and damn them; if anyone dared to as much as try to bully her she swore she’d punch their teeth down their throat…! She did look quite scared, so that was far from impossible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 pm

"I might be in about an hour. We're facing boggarts today." Delfina supposed that there would be a lighter mood in the classroom after a few of the students had defeated their fears with ridiculous imagery, making it easier for others to face the boggart later on. She could only hope that she wasn't forced to go first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

“Ah, that old shit, I remember that one. Was a bit tricky, you know. But you’ll do fine, I promise. The moment you’re there, with something that’ll give you nightmares in front of you and all of your classmates behind you, you’ll kick into action, I swear. The moment you can fool yourself that you’re the thing keeping your friends safe from that thing you’ll beat it. I did so you should do just fine.”

The fact that she had actually punched the boggart when it tried to get too close to her was on purpose left out of Freya’s little declaration
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Freya's encouragement sounded a bit...heroic. No wonder she was a Gryffindor, thought Delfina. She wondered what the boggart had turned into for Freya.
"I think I'm more afraid of not knowing what my biggest fear is. I'm totally unprepared."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 pm

"Well, that's troublesome. The boggart will know for sure... Well, just be prepared for nightmares after this class!"
Waving a bit the Gryffindor seemed to be about to leave; she didn't want to bother the other girl if she'd come here to prepare for this kind of class...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:38 am

If she kept on thinking about what scared her most, then Delfina would be too afraid by the time class actually started. A distraction might be best for now.
"Wait," Delfina started, "What did the boggart turn into for you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:48 am

stopping and turning back towards the other student Freya crossed har arms with a grin
"Let's see if you can guess."
Yes, she was quite proud of herself; not many had faced the thing they feared the most and taken it out so litterally as she had...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 pm

This was going to be difficult. The Gryffindor was usually brazen enough to face anything, school rules permitting or not. Guessing anything that Freya could possibly be afraid of would be tough.
She didn't look too confident at the Yule Ball, though. "Uh... walking in high heels?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 am

The comment made Freya laugh, loud and happily
“Nice try, but I got over that after practice, which I knew was possible, so no. Keep on guessing.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:47 pm

At least she had unlimited guesses, it seemed. Delfina gave the next attempt more thought before speaking. Freya was always getting into trouble, having no regard for the rules, but there had to be a limit to that...
"Are you afraid of getting expelled?" The thought was frightening enough to make Delfina shiver afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Shaking her head Freya only smiled ”Try again. I know I’ll get into trouble when I break rules, but I have my priorities clear, and I know that always bring consequences. I’m not that scared of it.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Blast. Back to the drawing board, then. If it wasn't the shoes that Freya had been worried about at the ball, then it must've been something else.
Like a certain dance partner, perhaps?
Delfina gave a smirk more befitting of a Slytherin when she asked, "How about the boy you danced with at the Yule Ball?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:34 pm

“W-What?! I’m not scared of him! What ever gave you that idea?!”
No, she wasn’t really scared… but he made her blush even thinking about it! And that scared her indeed, just as the nervous feeling in her gut, how she always got… okay, maybe a little scared… But not enough for a boggart!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Was Freya blushing? Fear or not, that was definitely an unusual reaction coming from the Gryffindor. Suddenly, the matter of who exactly Freya was dancing with at the ball sounded a lot more interesting than boggarts and upcoming DADA practical lessons.
"Who was it!? What house is he in?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 pm

“He’s a little nobody, so don’t you bother with it!”
Why had her on body decided to betray her now of all times?! Man, she hated this! It was so much easier to just punch people she didn’t like and talk to the ones she did like! But what was she supposed to do with this?! This wasn't like anything she'd ever felt like!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Ouch! Poor "little nobody". Delfina felt like laughing at Freya's reactions, but what if it ruined their friendship and earned her a punch to the nose? For now, she had to suffice with covering her mouth with one hand in order to hide her smiling.
When she felt confident in controlling her facial expressions, she added fuel to the fire, "Did you two kiss~?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Looking to the side Freya didn’t really know what to feel about that; she knew the answer, but not what it meant;

“He said it was supposed to mean nothing…”

And why the heck did that hurt?! He didn’t care, so she didn’t!! At least she shouldn’t…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Delfina sat up straighter against the wall. Whoa. WHOA. TIME OUT. Did they really-- and what was with this guy!? What a jerk!
"Did you punch him after that!?" If Freya didn't, then Delfina hoped the boy was a Ravenclaw so she would have some sort of reason for going after him herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 pm

“No, I didn’t. It all made sense, it was just a cursed mistletoe, an unfortunate meeting, and me helping him get away from the trap. It was nothing but helping each other out of a trick situation, no real meaning to it…”

With a sigh the Gryffindor sat down against the wall next to the other girl, frowning at how everything she said made so much sense to herself when she heard it that she couldn’t really deny it… before she had at least hoped, but now…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 pm

"Oh...but what about the boy at the Yule Ball?" It sounded like the kiss-related incident had happened a different day than the dance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:25 am

Freya shook her head
"I only danced with him then, nothing specal... It was a few days ago that I came across this mistletoe in that narrow corridor, the one from the Divinations-class you know? I figured that I couldn't cross the area in that narrow space without getting caught, so I stopped for just a few minues and he dropped by. He said that since kissed didn't mean anything, so this kind of things shouldn't be a problem. When I told him I wanted 'stuff like that' to mean something he right away chagned his mind and said that he could, as long as I did it to help him get away from the curse if there was any. And I did, fool as I am!"

hugging her knees Freya rested her forehead against her arms
"And I can swear on that he's been avoiding me ever since, because I'm just the kind of idiot that still say it means something even if he is such a lying thing that he could say it would even to him just to get past that stupid ting!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fushica

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:58 pm

So it was the same boy? Oh dear, and it sounded like Freya had it bad. Delfina was only 12 years old, though. She had never had boy troubles before and certainly had no good advice to give because of it.
With Freya now sitting next to her, Delfina patted her shoulder in what she hoped was a comforting motion. "You should find him and talk to him. Or punch him. Whichever makes you feel better."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Afraid Of?   

Back to top Go down

What Are You Afraid Of?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next